It demonstrates that loves does hurt and you don't always get what you want.
The heartbreak of Joseph Gordon Levitt's character is agonizing to watch as it unrolls itself in the film. I also immensely enjoyed the soundtrack.
The soundtrack of the film:
- "A Story of Boy Meets Girl" – Mychael Danna and Rob Simonsen
- "Us" – Regina Spektor
- "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out" – The Smiths
- "Bad Kids" – Black Lips
- "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" – The Smiths
- "There Goes the Fear" – Doves
- "You Make My Dreams" – Hall & Oates
- "Sweet Disposition" – The Temper Trap
- "Quelqu'un m'a dit" – Carla Bruni
- "Mushaboom" – Feist
- "Hero" – Regina Spektor
- "Bookends" – Simon & Garfunkel
- "Vagabond" – Wolfmother
- "She's Got You High" – Mumm-Ra
- "Here Comes Your Man" – Meaghan Smith
- "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" – She & Him
I started listening to the Smiths from a book called "If I stay" by Gayle Forman from there I was hooked. I know how to play a couple of their songs on the guitar.
Anyhow I highly reccomend this novel to any who is interested.
Favorite scenes from 500 days of Summer.
Paul: Robin is better than the girl of my dreams. She's real.